Antique Furniture/Antique Chair and Settee

msgraybeard wrote at 2012-12-19 21:30:08
In defense of the antique dealer, I'm a dealer & found this page by researching settee styles online.  I too love the set & would buy it for myself.  I also don't have a clue, but if I were to approach someone like that, I would offer to research the value of the item, then bring the research & make an offer.  That way the seller has an idea of what their item is worth.  If the seller doesn't want me to research the item, I would have the seller tell me what they would like for the item & make my decision whether or not to purchase it from their price.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.