Antique Furniture/Antique Arm Chair

Chair and ottoman
Chair and ottoman  
I received this arm chair and matching ottoman when we cleaned out my parent's house. As a child, I remember this chair going through several different recoverings, but it was always "Daddy's chair." I would like to restore it now to a period-appropriate fabric and cushion.

Hi Joe,

Since the chair is a stylized piece of furniture and not a reproduction of any period
antique, I can tell you that it currently appears to be covered in Mohair, very typical
in the day. My recommendation is work with neutral colors. Fabric choices go into the
millions so I'm sorry I can't be there to go fabric shopping with you.

Good luck with your choice.

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.