Antique Furniture/antique bench, rocker and chair

Chair and rocker
Chair and rocker  
I came across this antique set of furniture this past weekend at an estate auction. There were a number of beautiful pieces up for bid and I was lucky enough to pick these 3 up while there. The set consists of a chair on casters, a rocker and a bench, also on casters. All are in excellent condition and all pieces have been re-upholstered. I am unsure of the type of wood. It looks like a red mahogany to me and all 3 pieces are solid wood. They remind me of a Queen Anne style, early American set (perhaps early 1900's). Could you please give me your assistance in the type of wood, style, time period and approximate value?

pardon my impoliteness, next time i will say please and thank you

the wood is figured birch stained to a mahogany color just like was done originally.

style will be called colonial revival and a subcatagory will be empire with a blend of sheraton style backs.

the rude answer is they are worth what you paid and if sold will be worth what you sold them for...

in a shop they would be priced at 250 each on the chairs and 350 for the loveseat.  minimum, it depends on the local and the shop doing the selling.

insurance replacement value will be 2-3 times higher

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.