Antique Furniture/antique chair

My wife bought a chair at an auction to help our local library and we would just like to know more about it.  It has a partially removed sticker on the bottom which is making our efforts to learn more about it difficult.  It's just such an interesting piece, we would like to know it's background.   Thank you.

there were about 5000 furniture manufacturers in 1890-1900 when this oak rocker was made so we may never decipher the tag.  <xx manufacturing co.   jefferson xx>

the seat is laminated to get the curve, the seat and back are probably quarter sawn oak.  

it had the original finish so dont strip it.  wax with toluene free briwax is all to do.  dont use oils, the wood will not dry out any more than the atmosphere it lives in. it will equalize with the surroundings and there is nothing we can do or want to do to change that.  having anything close to floor registers or by a window is not good.

mosto f the time these rockers are in poor condition and need work, your does not appear to have been used much--a wonderful buy and for a good cause.  hopefully printed books never become scarce and young people will once again read.

i will keep looking and perhaps i will come across the full name.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.