Antique Furniture/antique furniture value

top view
top view  

front view
front view  
The child's rocking chair was given to my great great grandmother in 1882 we believe it was made in Vevay, In, it is solid wood in very good conditions, no marking we can find.  Would like a value.

these were made around the time it was given to your gggrandma.

i have, somewhere a catalog from a company showing this type of rocker although there were many companies that made these.

cant tell the wood from the picture but it is in wonderful condition and needs only to be waxed with toluene free briwax in a brown color.

no refinishing, and no oils.

hopefully you are not considering getting rid of this family heirloom.

retail in a shop about 250-350.

a very special item worthy of a special place

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.