Antique Furniture/antique from Imperial

small cabinet
small cabinet  

small cabinet
small cabinet  
 I have this little cabinet. What is it's purpose? Name? Any value? It is 34 " tall, 17.5 wide, and 12" deep. I think 1939.

Hi Lorraine,

I believe that your serving piece was originally used as a portable bar
for serving guests. You mention 1939 as a possible year for manufacture
but I am thinking it could have been made earlier, after the end of

With the end of prohibition on December 5, 1933. many folks were finding
new ways to welcome spirits legally into their homes and giving their
beverages of choice a prominent spot.

Today we do not place so much importance on this pastime and to this
end, it limits the level of interest for most buyers, thus limiting it's
value in the marketplace. I would value your piece at $250. -$300.
to an interested party.

Best Wishes for the New Year,

George E. Harrison III  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.