Antique Furniture/Antique marble top side tables

marble top end tables
marble top end tables  

Pair of the marble top end tables
Pair of the marble top  
These marble top end tables were also a find this past weekend at the same estate auction where I picked up the 3 pieces of antique furniture. The marble is cream colored with and pink marble striations. They also appear to be made of solid red mahogany. Could you please give me your assistance in identifying the wood, style, time period and approximate value for the pair. They are also in excellent condition.

I guess the smart money at the auction shied away from these puppies.

Form what I can see in your photo's, the tables appear to be modern reproductions,
perhaps made in Indonesia and not that long ago, I might add. In which case they
are made of inferior mahogany, hence the dark finish.  

The marble appears to be Creme Marfel and just about the lowest
grade of marble available and a choice amongst new home builders who love to
build on the cheap. Being newer tables of low quality I value them at $25 $30. each.

Good luck with them.

George E. Harrison III  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.