Antique Furniture/Antique sofa and chairs

Question
Sofa
Sofa  

Chair
Chair  
Hi Robert, I was hoping if you could tell me if the sofa is properly classified as a setee and just a few descriptive words about the sofa and chairs. Would you know a general price range that would be acceptable for these? I am going to be selling them (parent's stuff) and would like to have a basic idea of how to present them. I can send more pics if necessary. Thanks so much.

Answer
most people think of settee as a loveseat sized item.  sofa works, it is American made  around 1920-30.  you see these called by different names but they are Louis 15, rococo victorian in style and form.

keeping in mind that not all louis 15 is rococo and not all rococo is louis 15--hope that makes sense.

in a shop the sofa and chair would likely be prices at 1000-1200 if it is strong an sturdy.  understanding that a buyer will have it reupholstered--a significant investment when adding the purchase price.

do some checking online to get a feel for these as they are good pieces.  many do not realize how good furniture like this was built.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein