Antique Furniture/buffet

Question
buffet 1
buffet 1  

buffet 2
buffet 2  
I have a solid cherry buffet made in Jamestown NY at the Taylor furniture company in the 1960's.  It's in pretty decent condition.  Can you tell me what it might be worth?

Answer
Hi Janet,

Your buffet, is of average quality, not in the category of a high-end manufacturer,
which would put it's value at $175. to $200, in the present marketplace,

If you view your buffet you can see how the drawer fronts are made from glued-up stock
and is the reason the color of the finish is compromised. Better quality furniture
is made of one board construction.  This is how manufacturers cut corners, building to
a price and not to a standard.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www,americanainteriors,com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III