Antique Furniture/buffet

buffet 1
buffet 1  

buffet 2
buffet 2  
I have a solid cherry buffet made in Jamestown NY at the Taylor furniture company in the 1960's.  It's in pretty decent condition.  Can you tell me what it might be worth?

Hi Janet,

Your buffet, is of average quality, not in the category of a high-end manufacturer,
which would put it's value at $175. to $200, in the present marketplace,

If you view your buffet you can see how the drawer fronts are made from glued-up stock
and is the reason the color of the finish is compromised. Better quality furniture
is made of one board construction.  This is how manufacturers cut corners, building to
a price and not to a standard.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.