Antique Furniture/Duncan Phyfe Federal Sofa

Sofa 1
Sofa 1  

Sofa 2
Sofa 2  
I have a sofa that appears to be a Duncan Phyfe Federal style based on photos I've seen. I got it about 10 years ago at a second-hand sale and would like to know for sure what style it is and what it is worth.

Thank you.

this would be closer to an empire Federal style sofa made around 1920-40.  but either nomenclature will work since there is a blending of the styles and a definite overlapping.

a good classic style.

retail it would be priced at 450-650 in a shop.  understand that no matter how good the upholstery might be a new owner will hav it recovered therefore the price reflects  that.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.