Antique Furniture/Duncan Phyfe Federal Sofa

Question
Sofa 1
Sofa 1  

Sofa 2
Sofa 2  
I have a sofa that appears to be a Duncan Phyfe Federal style based on photos I've seen. I got it about 10 years ago at a second-hand sale and would like to know for sure what style it is and what it is worth.

Thank you.

Answer
this would be closer to an empire Federal style sofa made around 1920-40.  but either nomenclature will work since there is a blending of the styles and a definite overlapping.

a good classic style.

retail it would be priced at 450-650 in a shop.  understand that no matter how good the upholstery might be a new owner will hav it recovered therefore the price reflects  that.

Antique Furniture

robert klein