Antique Furniture/S Bent Bros Rocking Chair

Phil Jacques wrote at 2015-07-30 00:24:45
The chair pictured is a pine seat rocker. From the darkness of the seat, it appears to have been refinished.  I worked at S. Bent & Bros. from Feb. of 1967 to Nov. of 1984.  I supervised the yard, lumber grading and operated/supervised the operation of the dry kilns. The numbers on the bottom of the chair indicate the style 833, the color 382 and the date of manufacture 1081 which would be October of 1981.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.