Antique Furniture/Furniture

dining room table
dining room table  

dinin room table
dinin room table  
I have a Broyhill 1970's 7 piece oak dining room table made by Lenoir Chair company. There is 5 side chairs and 1 arm chair; table is 72" long with a 12"leaf; and 42" wide. The table has minimal damage (3heat spots on top of table and the chairs are missing the decorative knobs that came with them)

Can you advise me as to whether or not this is an antique or what the worth might be? Also, what places that I might sell these items to.

Hi Cheryl,

With your first sentence you answered your question regarding if your pieces
are antique.  First thing to remember is that with antique furniture, they
need to be 100 years old, or older.

As for value, considering the issues that you mentioned, which I am unable to
see, your chairs are worth $25. to $35. apiece and the table at $100. to $125.

You did mention 7 pieces, so, since I am not seeing the other two pieces, I am
going to assume the other pieces are a china cabinet and a server which would
have a value of $225.and $150. respectively.

Best of luck with them.

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.