Antique Furniture/Kittinger twin beds

Question
Good Evening Mr Harrison,
I recently came across a pair of kittinger twin size sleigh beds and was wondering not only value of them but maybe a brief history? Seems as though the only thing i am missing is the bolts to them but they are in excellent condition. All pieces have the same hand written. pattern and serial' tag on them along with a plaque of authenticity on a rail for each bed. The pattern for each is either an A814 1/2 or an H814 1/2? Like i said it is hand written and a bit hard to read, the serial numbers are 1R and 5H. All the little tags on the bed read 'KITTINGER COMPANY, Buffalo' Any help with these would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again for your time.

Answer
Hi Matt,

Without photo's I am not in a position to provide you with pin-point information.

What I can tell you , based on your description, these style and size beds,
most like made in the 1930's, generally draw very little interest with today's buyers.

While some people are under the impression that the Kittinger brand is highly sought
after, it is the pieces that Kittinger made for the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation
that are in far greater demand today, leaving the pre 1937 pieces to go begging.

These beds today become lost in a huge sea of $50. to $100. beds.

Good luck with them and call me if you need help locating bed bolts.

George E. Harrison III

www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III