Antique Furniture/Kittinger twin beds

Good Evening Mr Harrison,
I recently came across a pair of kittinger twin size sleigh beds and was wondering not only value of them but maybe a brief history? Seems as though the only thing i am missing is the bolts to them but they are in excellent condition. All pieces have the same hand written. pattern and serial' tag on them along with a plaque of authenticity on a rail for each bed. The pattern for each is either an A814 1/2 or an H814 1/2? Like i said it is hand written and a bit hard to read, the serial numbers are 1R and 5H. All the little tags on the bed read 'KITTINGER COMPANY, Buffalo' Any help with these would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again for your time.

Hi Matt,

Without photo's I am not in a position to provide you with pin-point information.

What I can tell you , based on your description, these style and size beds,
most like made in the 1930's, generally draw very little interest with today's buyers.

While some people are under the impression that the Kittinger brand is highly sought
after, it is the pieces that Kittinger made for the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation
that are in far greater demand today, leaving the pre 1937 pieces to go begging.

These beds today become lost in a huge sea of $50. to $100. beds.

Good luck with them and call me if you need help locating bed bolts.

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.