Antique Furniture/Need help with ID

Bookcase 2
Bookcase 2  
Hello Robert,
I am hoping that you may be able to help me with a piece that I came across.  It's so unique and I can't find anything like it.  It's a bookcase and very ornate.  Any info you can give me about would be very much appreciated.  
Kindest Regards,
Patty Schorr

it is called a book trough and is not old.  i was going to buy a few to sell at the shop but did not want to mix old and new.

these are very neat items sold at auctions.

they were originally a different form in teh 1920s and given with sets of encyclopedias.

at auction they run right at 125.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.