Antique Furniture/Nicols & Stone Rocking chair

Nicol & Stone Rocking Chair
Nicol & Stone Rocking  
We have a Old Rocking chair (nicols & stone) black,the owners left it when we bought the house.they were in their late 80's it all the furniture they said was his parents who owned the house before them..the label underneath is worn but could read that it was Nicols & Stone,on top said the Home of ----has a sheild type pic on it too, is this worth anything? thank you!

Hi Debbie,

Reading your note which claims this rocker to be older than the folks in their
eighties, having been owned by their parents!  Sorry, but I think someone is
having a senior moment which in theory making the rocker over 100 years old.

I would date the Nichols & Stone rocker to the 1950's.   If in doubt you could
always take it to a local antique shop for a second opinion.

As far as value is concerned, $125. to $150. is a current range.

Good Luck

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.