Antique Furniture/odd chair

Question
Carved chair
Carved chair  
QUESTION: A friend gave me a chair to see what I could do with it.  Never seen one like it, and can't find it in any of my books.  There are two lower stretchers missing.  I want to repair the chair and make it usable as it is a eye catching chair with the carvings. What I am looking for is an age and a possible maker, and if there are any pictures so I can remake the stretchers the way they are supposed to be.  It is all white oak, carved...

ANSWER: please repost with a picture from the rear and underneath

Back
Back  

Bottom
Bottom  
QUESTION: Here is the underside and back of chair.  Again, and help with age, maker, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Answer
no way to ever determine the manufacturer without a label.  there were thousands of manufacturers operating.

made around 1920, looks like oak.  here is what I would do.  save the back and use the other parts to fashion a cool frame for the back and put it on the wall.  not tryin to be funny but the back is the only part intact enough to go for.  i have seen this done and it is good.

Antique Furniture

robert klein