Antique Furniture/odd chair

Carved chair
Carved chair  
QUESTION: A friend gave me a chair to see what I could do with it.  Never seen one like it, and can't find it in any of my books.  There are two lower stretchers missing.  I want to repair the chair and make it usable as it is a eye catching chair with the carvings. What I am looking for is an age and a possible maker, and if there are any pictures so I can remake the stretchers the way they are supposed to be.  It is all white oak, carved...

ANSWER: please repost with a picture from the rear and underneath

QUESTION: Here is the underside and back of chair.  Again, and help with age, maker, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

no way to ever determine the manufacturer without a label.  there were thousands of manufacturers operating.

made around 1920, looks like oak.  here is what I would do.  save the back and use the other parts to fashion a cool frame for the back and put it on the wall.  not tryin to be funny but the back is the only part intact enough to go for.  i have seen this done and it is good.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.