Antique Furniture/Olbrich & Goldbeck item

I'm looking to learn a bit more about this item by Olbrich & Goldbeck Company.  There is not a whole lot on the Internet regarding this company though the tag indicates it was made for the Schmitt Bar in Chicago, IL.

The restoration on this would be quite extensive as the previous owner(s) did not take care of it very well.  One of the wheels on the leg is missing, there is white paint in seemingly random places, along with the usual scratches and dings.

I'm curious as to the feasibility of a restoration as well as a possible market value both pre-restoration (if there is any) and post restoration.  Thanks!

what does the tag say that indicates it was made for schmitts bar?  might it have been Hall and Schmitt furniture co. or Schmitt Hall

this is the oak base of a dresser in the empire oak style of 1900 missing the mirror  the pulls have been replaces.

restored it would have a fair market value, depending on the quality of the restoration of 450-650.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.