Antique Furniture/old kittinger table

Question
table top
table top  

leg and braces
leg and braces  
Hi George, after cleaning out my new basement I found a old kittinger furniture table. It may be a tea table or something of that nature. It's disassembled at the Dow rods. But I was wondering if you could tell me anything about it. Mainly the value and if its worth repairing. The curved pieces connect in the middle about halfway up the legs. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you. Joe moore

Answer

Hello Joe,

It appears that what you have is an occasional table that would have been made back in the
1920's or there about's by the Kittinger Furniture Company of Buffalo, New York

This style was very popular at that time, but after the restoration of Colonial Williamsburg
which quickly became the Disneyworld of the day. Visitors flocked by the tens of thousands
and were re-introduced to the colonial style.  This brought on the Colonial Revival and
greatly influenced the architectural landscape in America and how we have furnished our
homes ever since..

Prior to this, English Manor and Tudor style homes were much in favor.  Today however,
that's not the case which has kept sort of a permanent lid on the early  Baroque or
Jacobean furniture styles.

I am afraid your table would only be worth a minimal amount to someone who is a hobbyist
and could do the necessary repairs themselves. Perhaps if you know of someone who is
handy, it would be a fun project for them.  As for parts value, under $25.

Good luck with it.

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III