Antique Furniture/Value of buffet and china cabinet

china cabinet
china cabinet  
We have a buffet and china cabinet that we will be selling shortly and would like to know the approx. value of these two items (seperately please).  They are Landstrom Furniture from Rockford Illinois with the buffet having the metal tag inside the drawer.  Although they were purchased at different times, they are almost identical except for the trim molding shape where the buffet has oval trim and the china cabinet has square w/cut corner shape trim. The side panel doors are all curved. Both are in great shape with very little wear and tear.

Hi Gail,

While I am not exactly sure what the market is like for 1940's traditional style mahogany
in Canada, what I can tell you is that the level of interest here in the states has fallen
dramatically in recent times.

The breakfront has a value of about $250 and the buffet at $175.

Best Wishes,

George E. E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.