Antique Furniture/vanity dresser

Hello,  My mother is second owner of an antique vanity.  It has the original medal plate on the inside drawer stating: West Michigan co. Holland Michigan.  We are curious as to its value.  Can you help us?  It is in very good condition condition, no major dings or gouges. We would like to sell it and are unsure as to what avenue to use.  Thank you for your time, Aimee

Hi Aimee,

Your ladies vanity is typical of the style of furniture being produced
in the Grand Rapids and Holland Michigan area. It dates back to the
1920's and is fabricated with the use of mahogany veneers along with
walnut and holly for the detailed inlay work.

Unfortunately today not my buyers for furniture warm up to this particular
style. I place a value of $300. to $375. for the vaunty to a willing buyer.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.