Antique Furniture/vanity dresser

Question
vanity
vanity  

vanity
vanity  
Hello,  My mother is second owner of an antique vanity.  It has the original medal plate on the inside drawer stating: West Michigan co. Holland Michigan.  We are curious as to its value.  Can you help us?  It is in very good condition condition, no major dings or gouges. We would like to sell it and are unsure as to what avenue to use.  Thank you for your time, Aimee

Answer
Hi Aimee,

Your ladies vanity is typical of the style of furniture being produced
in the Grand Rapids and Holland Michigan area. It dates back to the
1920's and is fabricated with the use of mahogany veneers along with
walnut and holly for the detailed inlay work.

Unfortunately today not my buyers for furniture warm up to this particular
style. I place a value of $300. to $375. for the vaunty to a willing buyer.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III