Antique Furniture/antique dresser and vanity

dresser & vanity
dresser & vanity  

I got a set of dresser and vanity with mirror. I don't know much about them. I can not find any kind of marking on them anywhere. I tried research online and was unable to find anything about them. My husband had cleaned them up and they look really nice. He said they are made of solid maple and walnut veneer and dovetailed drawers. Can you please help me out by looking at the pictures? I want to know the period of time they were made, what style are they, what company made them, and what is the market value of each piece.

Thank you very much,

did i miss something?  the feedback says i did so help me to help others by letting me know where i failed to come through

without a label no one can tell you which of 5000 manufacturers made this in the 1930s.

the feet have been cut off the dresser.  the frame may be maple but sweet gum is more commonly used, impossible to tell in the pictures however the veneers are walnut and mahogany and maple.

the style is called colonial revival and was very popular in teh 20s and 30s.  this is from teh 1930s.

fair market value of the dresser because of the legs being cut would be around 350, the vanity 600 with a matching stool.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.