Antique Furniture/Bedroom Furniture

Question
Chest of Drawers
Chest of Drawers  
Vanity
Vanity  
QUESTION: I have a bedroom set that belonged to my grandmother. Was told it was purchased from Montgomery Wards in the 1940s. Includes bed, chest of drawers, and vanity/dressing table with mirror and chair. Not in perfect condition - note "tape" marks on chest of drawers. Appears I can only attach two photos, but have more if you want to see them. Would like to know what kind of wood, style and value. Thank you for your help.

ANSWER: wood is mahogany veneer and i believe this to be fro the 1930s or early 40s, pre WW2.

tape marks shoudl come off with mineral spirits, gently rubbed with a rag.

style is now called waterfall.  these sets do not sell high but are becoming more desirable as time passes due to the veneer patterns and the visual impact.

chest 350 and vanity 450 in a retail setting  cannot speak of the bed as i have to see pictures.

Headboard
Headboard  

Vanity Chair
Vanity Chair  
QUESTION: Wow! THANK YOU for all the info. First time I came across and used allexperts.com.  Definitely going to try the mineral spirits on the tape marks as I didn't think there would be any way to remove them. This is such a great service that you do. FYI: I rated you 10!

Have attached photo of bed. It is not set up so hope you can get a good enough idea to give a value. Has headboard and footboard with posts on both. Probably don't have to tell you, but it is full size.

Also attached photo of chair. Not original fabric on seat. Would it be valued separately or included in the vanity value you gave me? As for the mirror, the way it is stored right now I only have a picture of the back of it so not sending it. Am I correct in assuming vanity value you gave me would include the mirror and chair?

Thank you very much,
Melody

Answer
add 450 for the bed.

vanity was priced with chair and mirror.

condition is really excellent

the tape gummy residue should be worked at gently so you do not remove any of the actual finish.  sometimes you have to let the mineral spirits soak for a minute or so, be patient, it should move it away.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein