Antique Furniture/Buffet with #803 marking

Question
Front view
Front view  

View of top
View of top  
I recently purchased a buffet which I plan to refinish, but I'm curious as to the type of wood, era, maker, etc.  
The only markings I could find were "#803 buffet" in pencil on the back.  Is there any way to identify this buffet?

Answer
there were thousands of manufacturers in operation in the 1940s when this was made so without a label there is not way anyone can tell you who or where it was manufactured.

the wood is mahogany and the style is federal.  this classic style has been made for over a century and a half+.

it would have a retail value in a shop of 450/500 depending on the condition.

the marking on the back is an inventory or color and style number.

Antique Furniture

robert klein