Antique Furniture/dining room furniture

table & chairs
table & chairs  

The attached pictures are of my late parent's dining room set.  It was purchased together as a set in the early 1960's.  I cannot find any manufacturer information on the chairs, but the inside drawer of the buffet says Thomasville.  I think it is some sort of fruitwood finish.  The table has 3 leaves; there are four side chairs and two arm chairs. The set is in very good condition and has not been refinished.  Do you know if the table and chairs are Thomasville also?  I have searched and cannot find a similar set anywhere.  Can you provide a fair market price for me to sell this set?  Thanks in advance for your help.

i know about antique furniture more than mid century items.  it is antique that i buy and sell although i restore all types.

is there any markings under the table and is there not a tag on the upholstery with some information.

being that the legs of the sideboard chairs and table are in the same style and form I would say this is a set but whether or not made by the same company i cannot say for sure, that you will determine by close inspection of the wood and construction.  it looks it to me.

the finish is what is called fruitwood, very popular color in the 1960s-1980s.

i would put a retail price on the set of 1000-1400$ depending on the venue.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.