Antique Furniture/Duncan Phyfe Mahogany Side Table

side table
side table  

I have recently purchased four antique pieces. I believe they are authentic Duncan Phyfe pieces or they are very old pieces from the Federal Period.

If you could identify the period and estimated value of the piece. I would appreciate your input. Thank you for your time & knowledge. I will be emailing you the pictures.
Duncan Phyfe  Mahogany Side Table
Harp/Lyre at both ends of the table
Chair Leg: has reeded splayed
A chalk number 27
Measurements: H 22 1/2 x  W  24

another very nice table made in the early 1940s.  i cannot see the wood grain to give you the species but it will be mahogany, mahogany veneer and possibly some sweet gum.

closer pictures needed to tell for sure.

the style of all three tables can be referred to as duncan phyfe style although he did work from sheratons pattern book.  that is why this is also referred to as sheraton style.  again, Federal is a better fit as in encompasses all of the above and more.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.