Antique Furniture/pie safe

pie safe
pie safe  

inside door
inside door  
I would appreciate any information you can give me about the wood, age, and value of this pie safe.

appears to be oak made around 1900.  good tins good surfaces and appears to be sturdy as i see no major gaps where the wood intersects.

when i see similar items in shops they are priced around 700.  ones i see in the virginia, north carolina, tennessee areas are higher.  depending on the venue it can be higher or lower.  yours has the attraction of being in super condition, most are not.

this is a desirable form and size.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.