Antique Furniture/Question about Baker Furniture

Dear Mr. Harrison,

I have acquired a set of antique Baker dining room furniture and I request that you provide any information you can find on this fine furniture.

The set consists of a dining room table, six chairs (one arm and 5 side chairs), a wall china cabinet, and a large sideboard.  The label on the back of the wall china cabinet says:

"For: M. Mervis, Follansbee, W. Va., No. 90F Wall China, From Baker & Co., Manufacturers of Furniture, Allegan, Michigan"

A set of photographs of the furniture is attached.  Any information you can provide would be appreciated.  Thank you very much for any help you can provide.

Hi Jane,

I'm sorry, but I only received one photo of the label.
What I can tell you is that this label would have been used from 1903 through 1927, when
the company was known as Baker & Co. of Allegan, Michigan.

When the company was sold it was  renamed to the Baker Furniture Company of Holland Michigan.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison  III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.