Antique Furniture/Antique Breakfront or Sideboard

Breakfront 1
Breakfront 1  

Breakfront 2
Breakfront 2  
I would like to know if you could tell me the age and value of this breakfront.  I believe it is Jacobean style and probably from sometime around the 30's or 40's but was hoping you might be able to tell me for certain the style, age, and approximate value.

Hi Jennie,

Wile your sideboard is not 100 years old or older, to be considered an antique, my feeling is
that your Jacobean style sideboard was made in the 1920's.  There were a host of companies
making pieces like yours and it is a style today that is not in demand, hence the prices
are on the low side.  You would certainly have to pay more for a sideboard imported form
China today.

Since you did not mention what part of the country you are in.  Prices can vary, with
pricing being slightly higher in the middle part of the country, leaving prices on the east
and west coasts in somewhat of a free-fall.

I place a range of $475. to $650.

Keep in mind the Kittinger company of Buffalo New York made this style of furniture and it
is a brand that I have represented for 40 years, but I will not buy any pieces in the
Jacobean form, due to the total lack of interest with todays buyers.
Best Wishes.

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.