Antique Furniture/Antique Breakfront or Sideboard

Question
Breakfront 1
Breakfront 1  

Breakfront 2
Breakfront 2  
I would like to know if you could tell me the age and value of this breakfront.  I believe it is Jacobean style and probably from sometime around the 30's or 40's but was hoping you might be able to tell me for certain the style, age, and approximate value.

Answer
Hi Jennie,

Wile your sideboard is not 100 years old or older, to be considered an antique, my feeling is
that your Jacobean style sideboard was made in the 1920's.  There were a host of companies
making pieces like yours and it is a style today that is not in demand, hence the prices
are on the low side.  You would certainly have to pay more for a sideboard imported form
China today.

Since you did not mention what part of the country you are in.  Prices can vary, with
pricing being slightly higher in the middle part of the country, leaving prices on the east
and west coasts in somewhat of a free-fall.

I place a range of $475. to $650.

Keep in mind the Kittinger company of Buffalo New York made this style of furniture and it
is a brand that I have represented for 40 years, but I will not buy any pieces in the
Jacobean form, due to the total lack of interest with todays buyers.
Best Wishes.

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III