Antique Furniture/Baker Chair?

Baker 1
Baker 1  

Baker 2
Baker 2  
Love this chair. Sticker has been removed. Believe it to be a Baker as we have owned a similar chair in the past. Value? Thank you for your time!

Dear EAW,

While you may "believe" that this chair may have been made by the Baker furniture company,
I do not. Having a "similar" chair in the past marked Baker and having THIS chair are not
the same.

I base my opinion on the carving work on this chair, which has been done on a duplicator
machine and not reworked or cleaned up, which is what your finer furniture companies do
before applying a finish.

As for value, with the tastes of today's buyers, anyone looking to acquire furniture in the French style today are going to be looking for a much finer example of this particular form, leaving takers that are looking for merely a chair that is in clean, usable condition, to sit in.  Upholstery has gotten too expensive for the typical buyer of used furniture.

Therefore, I place a value range of $200-$250. on this particular chair.  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.