Antique Furniture/Chattanooga Furniture Co

Chattanooga Furniture Co Chairs
Chattanooga Furniture  

Hi Bob,

I have a dining table and a few chairs that are marked as from the Chattanooga Furniture Co.  I've tried to do research on this company, but I haven't found much except that it has since closed.  I would love to find an additional chair or perhaps sideboard or buffet to match.  Do you have any suggestions of where to find this, except aimlessly searching antique stores?  It would also be great to know anything else about the company if you know anything.  I know that the set was my great-grandmothers.  

The table is currently being refinished, so unfortunately I don't have pictures of it.

Thank you in advance.

the chairs appear to have been refinished before.  but they are from the 1910-20s in the jacobean style.

the set of chairs would sell at auction as shown at 60 each, in a retail shop at 125-150 each.
table i cannot say with seeing it.

as to the company;

in the 1920s they atate in their advertisements that tops fronts and ends are made of 5 ply wlanut with posts of gumwood.  --that means walnut veneer and sweet gum frame--  

chattanooga furniture company
manufacturers of dining room furniture
chestnut and fourteenth st
chattanooga, tenn
with permaent exhibits in
chicago and grand rapids

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.