Antique Furniture/era/value

Question
china hutch
china hutch  

buffet table
buffet table  
Hi, I received this dining room set from my parents who purchased it used in Montreal in the early 1970's.  It has a china hutch, buffet table, dining table and 8 chairs.  The only stamp/marking I can find is a round gold/black label that says "Malcolm Better Built Furniture-Genuine No-Mar Finish"
Any idea on what value may be placed on the set?  I have additional photos if needed.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Answer
Hi Glenn,

While I am not able to assign a specific maker to your pieces, I feel that they were made
in the late thirties to early forties, as most mahogany furniture of this general style
was manufactured.

The case is most likely fabricated out of maple and then veneered with figurative grain mahogany and the drawers are most likely made of oak, a standard construction technique.

Since these pieces are not reproductions of period antiques and are considered a stylized
traditional design, the values are not in a higher range

The china cabinet has a value of $350 to $400. and the buffet in the range of $250 - $275.

The values are based on the present lack of interest with today's younger buyers that do
not care for this particular look and are content to go to IKEA for their needs.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III