Antique Furniture/Landstrom Mahogany (?) sideboard

Right Side
Right Side  
Need to sell this sideboard and wondering what would be a good starting point for an e-bay auction. It's got a bit of wear and there are shelf rails inside the end compartments without shelves.  I'm also a bit curious if those are the original pulls, since the ends  differ from the drawers, and there  appear to be old screw holes in the doors.

Hi Rik,

Let me start off by telling you that the demand for dining room furniture at the present
time is in somewhat of a free fall, due to today's younger buyers not looking to furnish
dining rooms.  

They much rather prefer to use the traditional dining room space for a home office, music room, home entertainment center, or exercise room. In other words, anything but for use
as a dining room.  Therefor, dining room furniture in general is suffering in the resale market.

Now, about your sideboard. It is apparent that all the brasses have been replaced by
someone that did not know what they were doing.  The oversized brass pulls on the doors
are in an Oriental style and would have been used on a chest or trunk. Totally inappropriate for a sideboard. Also, the overall style and condition, coupled with a lack of build quality will leave it to go begging in my opinion on a site such as eBay.

My feeling is that it might fetch a couple of hundred dollars, if you are lucky.

Good luck with it.

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.