Antique Furniture/1930s kindel dressers

Tall dresser
Tall dresser  

short dresser
short dresser  
I am selling my dressers, I have no idea what they are worth. I am told they were built in the 1930s. The condition is fair, but they do have some scratches and discoloration

Hi Lorna,

While furniture produced by the Kindel Furniture Co. has always been built with
attention to quality, it wasn't until 1982 that the Kindel Furniture company was
selected to reproduce rare and important American antiques for the Winterthur
Museum in Delaware. I feel that your pieces were made in the late 1940's to
early 1950's, while not the best of design and overall form.

Today with the general lack of interest in more formal styles of furniture,
except for pieces like the Kindel reproductions from Winterthur, pieces like
yours are suffering in terms of re-sale value.

When also factoring in condition issues, I place a value of $225. to $250. for
the dresses.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.