Antique Furniture/Library Table

Library table
Library table  

library table 2
library table 2  
This table belonged to my grandmother, who lived in Northwestern Ohio from the late 1800's to about 1940, when she died.  I can't find any identifying mark on this table to find the maker in order to give me an idea of its age and other details.  It's truly in remarkable condition, I even still have the leather pads on the top.  
Can you give me any idea as to its age and/or maker?

no one can tell you the maker as this is a piece manufactured around 1880 and without a label there is no way to determine which of 5000 manufacturers did this.

it is walnut and walnut veneer made around 1870-80 and is a writing table.  it has been refinished at some time but that does not hurt the value.  i would guess that the drawer joints are Knapp joints but possibly dovetails.

if i had this in my shop-and it is not a fancy shop-i would price it at 650.  higher in other areas with more population.  it should be higher as it would cost that just to have it restored, and this is restored.  insurance replacement would be double.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.