Antique Furniture/Pedestal Table

Full View
Full View  

Full View
Full View  
Dear Robert,

I hope you can help me identify the table in the photos. I think it's called a pedestal table used for wine, candles, etc. Would like to know when it was made, if it's Federal in style, wood, and any other information you believe is relevant. It's 23 1/2" in height and top is 15" in diameter.

Sending additional photos as ATTACHMENT ONE.

Thanks very much,

colonial revival tripod table made in the 1920s.

I cannot go into the method used for the design here as it is too involved to explain marquetry on this forum but there is a lot of information available on how this is done.  It is quite interesting whether done by machine cutter or by hand with a jewelers saw.

there are several woods used here, sweet gum, tulip poplar, possibly some cherry as the rim, maple.

i suggest you have it refinished properly as it would eliminate the water damage to the finish.

thanks for all the photos.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.