Antique Furniture/Secretary / Hutch

Hutch 1
Hutch 1  

Hutch 2
Hutch 2  
Hello, I don't know much about this, but I recently inhereted this from my mother.  I'm wondering if it's an antique and if so what the value may be.

if we use the 100 year old definition for antique then this is not but dont get too hung up on definitions.  lets call it a collectable or vintage piece from 1930-40.

the pictures are not very clear so i cannot be certain of the wood species but it should be mahogany or walnut veneer on the surfaces.

it is an interesting secretary with double bookcases.  i cannot tell if it is one piece of glass or several in teh doors but regardless, there are some condition issues which hurt the market value.

as it sits it would bring about 150-200 at auction.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.