Antique Furniture/vintage gossip bench

gossip bench
gossip bench  
Hi, I recently purchased at a yard sale a lyre-back gossip bench (Colonial Revival style?) with a patterned fabric seat.  I love the piece, and it is in good/fair condition.  I am just wondering if you may have any knowledge regarding the value of such a piece? Thank you.

telephone or gossip bench.  colonial revival style works.  some say duncan phyfe style due to the lyre or harp back, which is a stretch and not really accurate.  federal style works also.

made in the 1940s and if the condition is good visually and structurally would sell at 85-140 in a retail setting.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.