Antique Furniture/1930's buffet and china hutch

china hutch
china hutch  
I purchased these pieces several years ago as part of a dining set.  I absolutely love them but now that I have moved to a smaller house they simply do not fit.  Instead of storing them I think someone else should enjoy them so I have decided to sell them.  I know what I paid but really do not know what to ask for them.  They were restored in 2003 when I bought them.  I have not been able to find any identifying marks on them.  Are these mahogany veneers?  I was told they were from the 1930's.

Hi Derek,

Being on the east coast I can tell you that this type of "stylized" colonial furniture
has fallen out of favor in the past few years as well as furnishing dining rooms.

Many buyers today see the traditional dining room as being a thing of the past and a waste
of space after growing up in houses where the dining room was perhaps used only a couple of
times a year at Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Dining room space is now being used as, home offices, music rooms, home theater's, libraries,

I see pieces like yours going begging for a couple of hundred dollars. Perhaps your
market might be different. but do keep in mind where the market has been heading.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.