Antique Furniture/1954 lane cedar hope chest

Hello, I am the proud owner of a pristine Blonde lane cedar lined hope chest with one small centered drawer. The tags are still on inside,(3 of them) and it is in excellent shape.Ive been looking everywhere for info on this one but have yet too find one like it . It has all original parts including lock(have to disable)and I was very surprised at the way its been taking care of, somebody loved this thing. Serial number is 455001. and the style number is 003100. Can you give me a range on what I could sell this for? I have pictures if that helps?

Hi Gene,

Lane Furniture was founded in 1912 by Edward Hudson Lane in Altavista, Virginia.
Prices for these chests when new back in the 1950's ran approximately $45. to $50.

Prices today range from $250. to $550. for excellent examples depending on their
condition, size and ornamentation.

Best wishes.

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.