Antique Furniture/1954 lane cedar hope chest

Question
Hello, I am the proud owner of a pristine Blonde lane cedar lined hope chest with one small centered drawer. The tags are still on inside,(3 of them) and it is in excellent shape.Ive been looking everywhere for info on this one but have yet too find one like it . It has all original parts including lock(have to disable)and I was very surprised at the way its been taking care of, somebody loved this thing. Serial number is 455001. and the style number is 003100. Can you give me a range on what I could sell this for? I have pictures if that helps?

Answer
Hi Gene,

Lane Furniture was founded in 1912 by Edward Hudson Lane in Altavista, Virginia.
Prices for these chests when new back in the 1950's ran approximately $45. to $50.

Prices today range from $250. to $550. for excellent examples depending on their
condition, size and ornamentation.

Best wishes.

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III