Antique Furniture/Antique Dresser with Mirror

Question
Antique Dresser with Mirror
Antique Dresser with M  
Hello!  I recently acquired this dresser with mirror & would like to know any history, wood type, maker and fair value of this dresser. It is in excellent condition & I have been told it is 150 years old. Thank you in advance for your time & expert advice. ~ Rebecca

Answer
Dear Rebecca,

My feeling is that your vanity with mirror was made about 1890 and made of either
mahogany or walnut veneers.

It is hard to be precise for the wood used, since the photo quality is not high resolution.

Depending on what part of the country you hail from can determine it's value.

For instance, here on the east coast, the value would be less than if you travel west
where this style of furniture can command a higher value.

Anywhere from $350 to $500. is a range and to the right buyer looking for this
particular style, maybe a bit more.

All of this type of furniture is rapidly going out of favor with younger buyers.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III