Antique Furniture/Antique Dresser with Mirror

Antique Dresser with Mirror
Antique Dresser with M  
Hello!  I recently acquired this dresser with mirror & would like to know any history, wood type, maker and fair value of this dresser. It is in excellent condition & I have been told it is 150 years old. Thank you in advance for your time & expert advice. ~ Rebecca

Dear Rebecca,

My feeling is that your vanity with mirror was made about 1890 and made of either
mahogany or walnut veneers.

It is hard to be precise for the wood used, since the photo quality is not high resolution.

Depending on what part of the country you hail from can determine it's value.

For instance, here on the east coast, the value would be less than if you travel west
where this style of furniture can command a higher value.

Anywhere from $350 to $500. is a range and to the right buyer looking for this
particular style, maybe a bit more.

All of this type of furniture is rapidly going out of favor with younger buyers.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.