Antique Furniture/Broyhill furniture

Question
I love this iron dining room set I bought from a thrift store in 2002, as I was about to reupholster the chairs, I noticed that this set was made in the early 1920s in Lenoir N.C. by Broyhill.  I see 3 dates on the tag 1923, 26, and 29.  How long before it's an antique?

Answer

Hi Rita,

Almost married a girl by the name of Rita and it was also my late mothers middle name.

Now, to answer you question regarding the correct age for a piece to be considered
an antique. The answer is 100 years old, or older. With automobiles, it's only 25 years.

I trust that you will seek out a competent upholsterer that knows how to keep the
profiles lean. Too many upholsters today in my opinion have forgot or never learned the
true art of upholstery.

I am blessed with an upholsterer that has worked on million dollar chairs and at
that level you must know what you are doing.

Good luck with your upholstering job.

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III