Antique Furniture/Broyhill furniture

I love this iron dining room set I bought from a thrift store in 2002, as I was about to reupholster the chairs, I noticed that this set was made in the early 1920s in Lenoir N.C. by Broyhill.  I see 3 dates on the tag 1923, 26, and 29.  How long before it's an antique?

Hi Rita,

Almost married a girl by the name of Rita and it was also my late mothers middle name.

Now, to answer you question regarding the correct age for a piece to be considered
an antique. The answer is 100 years old, or older. With automobiles, it's only 25 years.

I trust that you will seek out a competent upholsterer that knows how to keep the
profiles lean. Too many upholsters today in my opinion have forgot or never learned the
true art of upholstery.

I am blessed with an upholsterer that has worked on million dollar chairs and at
that level you must know what you are doing.

Good luck with your upholstering job.

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.