Antique Furniture/desk/bookcase

QUESTION: I have a desk that was left to me by my father. I would like to know any information you could give me on it. It has a bookcase that can be taken off the top of the desk. It reads on it...macey sectional bookcase 910, May 05 Jan. 06 quartered golden. There is nothing on the desk that I can find? It is a slant front desk that has many slots on the inside and drawers. It sits on a base that includes drawer, bookcase and another drawer in that order. I not interested in selling for money, just wanted to re finish it and get some history behind it. It has been in my fathers possession since I was a little girl. Please help, I have spent numerous hours on the web and have come up with nothing. Thanks, Chris

ANSWER: send a picture of the back and another of the front with the desk closed.

QUESTION: Here are the two pictures you requested. Sorry the back one is  a little blurry. Thanks!

lets try the rear picture again, i cannot see what I need to see.

also post a picture of the labels, thanks

it is my opinion at this time that the panels in the bookcase doors has been changed, they are usually clear glass.

forgot to add that although these come up from time to time they generally do not come up for sale but are kept in family.

my guess is that it is oak under the paint, it is painted right?

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.