Antique Furniture/history of this Baker bedroom furniture

Question
Baker chest
Baker chest  

Baker dresser
Baker dresser  
Hello.  I recently acquired a chest, triple dresser with mirror, nightstand, and full sized headboard made by Baker Furniture. I love it but would appreciate knowing more about its age, the type of wood and finish, and approximate value. The chest has sliding doors on top which open to reveal a divided compartment. Each piece is in excellent condition with what I presume to be the original pull and knobs. Thanks so much for any help you might offer!

Answer
Hi Carol,

Judging by your photo's your Baker Furniture Chest and Dresser are made up from Walnut
veneers and I would have to say that they were made sometime in the 1950's.

Due to the style of these particular pieces, serious interest would be held to a minimum.

Present interest levels in Baker Furniture is mainly in their museum quality
reproductions, from their Historic Charleston and Colonial Williamsburg lines
or their present contemporary models.

The furniture market continues to change rapidly and who knows what will be the style
next Year. I place a value of $200. to $250.ea. on the dresser and tall chest and
the night stand at $175. Better models would most definitely command high prices.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteeriors.com/

Best Wishes  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III