Antique Furniture/history of this Baker bedroom furniture

Baker chest
Baker chest  

Baker dresser
Baker dresser  
Hello.  I recently acquired a chest, triple dresser with mirror, nightstand, and full sized headboard made by Baker Furniture. I love it but would appreciate knowing more about its age, the type of wood and finish, and approximate value. The chest has sliding doors on top which open to reveal a divided compartment. Each piece is in excellent condition with what I presume to be the original pull and knobs. Thanks so much for any help you might offer!

Hi Carol,

Judging by your photo's your Baker Furniture Chest and Dresser are made up from Walnut
veneers and I would have to say that they were made sometime in the 1950's.

Due to the style of these particular pieces, serious interest would be held to a minimum.

Present interest levels in Baker Furniture is mainly in their museum quality
reproductions, from their Historic Charleston and Colonial Williamsburg lines
or their present contemporary models.

The furniture market continues to change rapidly and who knows what will be the style
next Year. I place a value of $200. to $250.ea. on the dresser and tall chest and
the night stand at $175. Better models would most definitely command high prices.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Best Wishes  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.