Antique Furniture/Huntley Furniture

tall dresser
tall dresser  

Wider dresser
Wider dresser  
I have 3 pieces Tall dresser wide shorter dress with mirror and night stand. I have attached pictures and would like to get some information on age and value and what to use to clean them up. They were my Grad Mothers and I have had them now for about 10 years. Thanks for your help in advance. you only alow 2 pictures so I am unable to send the night stand but it is the same type of wood and design as the other 2. I also have other angles of these pieces

Hi Anne,

The Huntley Furniture Company opened in Winston-Salem, NC. It had been organized as
the Oakland Furniture Co. in 1898. In 1929 it was purchased by the Simmons Co., then
based in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

By 1956;The B.F. Huntley furniture plant in Winston-Salem, NC, was destroyed by fire.
The factory was rebuilt and the Huntley name continued until it was sold to Thomasville Furniture Industries in 1961

It was always a make of furniture that was built to a price and not to a high standard.
Their mission was to offer affordable furniture to concentrate on the mass market.

It's is hard to tell exactly what wood and veneers were used but it could be mahogany
and mahogany veneers, and most likely produced in the late 1930's to 1940's.

You can use Murphy's oil soap mixed in a bucket of luke warm water and the use of a sponge
not keeping the sponge too wet. You can also use an old toothbrush to get into the cervices.

Once you have cleaned your pieces, making sure that they have dried overnight, use can use
Briwax, using sparingly.  After the wax sets up, about a half hour later you can use an
old cotton terry bath towel, cut up into sections for buffing out the finish. For areas
that are worn thin, you can apply a second coat of wax, repeating the process.

Now, as far as value is concerned, your 3 pieces would fetch about $400 to $500. depending
on your location.

Good luck with your project.

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.