Antique Furniture/info on a chair

Question
chair1
chair1  

chair 2
chair 2  
I have used this site one other time and was very impressed with your knowledge. I was going through some things of my uncle's and came across a chair and was just curious about its origin. not sure if it is an antique or not. It is a smaller than a normal chair and its a folding rocking chair. I was just interested in the year it was made and the manufacturer as well. You helped me with information on a birthing chair.
thanks in advance,
tracie

Answer
most of these were made around 1970-80 and came from taiwan.  this one appears to be a 1940 model.  originally they were made in 1880.

to tell for sure if it is 1940 or 1980 check the fasteners.  knock down fasteners were used on the 1980s models.

cleaned up and touched up it would price at 100 in a shop.

i remember the birthing chair!

Antique Furniture

robert klein