Antique Furniture/Old fainting couch

My wife wants me to get rid of this old fainting couch.
I did remove the old metal wheels because they were just to hard on the hardwood floors.
I have no idea of the value of it and would greatly appreciate your expert advice in this matter.

Hi Ben,

I really can not disagree with your wife for wanting to give your old couch, the boot.

I have often wondered how with all of the beautiful forms of furniture that proceeded
this period of unattractive furniture making, pieces like this were able to find

Today, to a willing buyer my guess is that $225 to $275 would make it go away and make
your wife happy in the bargain.

Good Luck,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.