Antique Furniture/Phoenix Chair Company Rocking Chair 962-44

Hi. I'm curious about a rocking chair I would like to sell. We got the rocker in 1974. It is oak.  The sticker on the bottom says Phoenix Chair Company 962-44. Several years ago, I thought I saw one on Antiques Road Show for $5000.

phoenix chair company had a fairly short history, late 1895-1930s.

this fits your chair which was made 1910-1920s.  it is called colonial revival which replicates loosely hoop back windsor chairs from the late 1700s and early 1800s, which is what you may have seen on the ARS and you must remember that is tv and they are trying to please people.

your chair would sell in a shop at 200 tops.

these are classic sturdy chairs

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.