Antique Furniture/Platform Rocker

Full Chair
Full Chair  

platform rocker
platform rocker  
I have this platform rocker I am trying to find information about.  What do I look for to tell me more about it.  Should there be a manufacturer's name embosed somewhere?  How do I tell how old it is?

Hi Jodeen,

To briefly try and help you with the identification your rocker, I recommend that
you go to Google and type in "Platform Rocker".  Then click on images and begin to
search through the photo's for possible references.

I say this because the information you are seeking can take hours and still may
not turn up positive results.  This is due to the fact that there were literally
hundreds of companies across the country, back in the late 19th century making
furniture and chairs like yours.

I am sorry that I do not get paid to do extensive research work that you can do your-

I trust that I have pointed you in the right direction for your study.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
Good Luck

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.