Antique Furniture/Platform Rocker

Question
Full Chair
Full Chair  

platform rocker
platform rocker  
I have this platform rocker I am trying to find information about.  What do I look for to tell me more about it.  Should there be a manufacturer's name embosed somewhere?  How do I tell how old it is?

Answer
Hi Jodeen,

To briefly try and help you with the identification your rocker, I recommend that
you go to Google and type in "Platform Rocker".  Then click on images and begin to
search through the photo's for possible references.

I say this because the information you are seeking can take hours and still may
not turn up positive results.  This is due to the fact that there were literally
hundreds of companies across the country, back in the late 19th century making
furniture and chairs like yours.

I am sorry that I do not get paid to do extensive research work that you can do your-
self.

I trust that I have pointed you in the right direction for your study.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
<www.americanainteriors.com/>
Good Luck

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III