Antique Furniture/roll top desk

roll top desk
roll top desk  

roll top
roll top  
can you tell me anything about the age and value of this roll top desk? i know it was used before the 50's but that is all.

thank you!

Hi Deyanne,

What a wonderful looking Roll-op Desk. While most peoples preferences are for the "S"
curve retractable tops, personally I prefer the more cleaner and sleek look of your
"C" curve top.

Since your desk is a bit later C1920-30 version of the classic Oak roll-top desks
dating to around 1900 and is made to fit the decor of a more upscale executive
office your desk appears to be made of Birch or Maple wood instead of the earlier
and somewhat boring and informal Oak examples.

Since your desk gives the appearance of being well cared for and showing little wear
and tear, I would place a value of $2,000 to $2,500 at the retail level and about
half if selling to a dealer. Values are subject to what part of the country you

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.