Antique Furniture/roll top desk

Question
roll top desk
roll top desk  

roll top
roll top  
can you tell me anything about the age and value of this roll top desk? i know it was used before the 50's but that is all.

thank you!

Answer
Hi Deyanne,

What a wonderful looking Roll-op Desk. While most peoples preferences are for the "S"
curve retractable tops, personally I prefer the more cleaner and sleek look of your
"C" curve top.

Since your desk is a bit later C1920-30 version of the classic Oak roll-top desks
dating to around 1900 and is made to fit the decor of a more upscale executive
office your desk appears to be made of Birch or Maple wood instead of the earlier
and somewhat boring and informal Oak examples.

Since your desk gives the appearance of being well cared for and showing little wear
and tear, I would place a value of $2,000 to $2,500 at the retail level and about
half if selling to a dealer. Values are subject to what part of the country you
reside.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III