Antique Furniture/Tea table

Question
My mother has had this pretty little table for 50 or 60 years, it was given to her by her mother who emigrated to Boston from Ireland, probably around the turn of the century.  Thanks!

I'm having trouble uploading photos from my iPad, I will email them to you directly.  Feel free to include them in your public response.

Answer
Hi Lorna,

Thanks for forwarding the photo's of the Tea Table.  

It's hard to tell without handling the table in person, but the table being in the Rococo
or more commonly referred to as Chippendale style has the appearance of being of English-
Irish background and dating to the late 19th century or even early 20th century. It could
have been from one of the early shops in the Boston area at the time your great grandmother
emigrated here.

What indicates this is because of the floating-top construction using the metal clips held in place by screws. This method rules out the table dating back to the 18th century.
Much of the present day construction is done they same way, allowing for expansion due to
climatic changes.

My end feeling is the table is American, late 19th to early 20th century and valued at $650 to $800.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III