Antique Furniture/Tea table

My mother has had this pretty little table for 50 or 60 years, it was given to her by her mother who emigrated to Boston from Ireland, probably around the turn of the century.  Thanks!

I'm having trouble uploading photos from my iPad, I will email them to you directly.  Feel free to include them in your public response.

Hi Lorna,

Thanks for forwarding the photo's of the Tea Table.  

It's hard to tell without handling the table in person, but the table being in the Rococo
or more commonly referred to as Chippendale style has the appearance of being of English-
Irish background and dating to the late 19th century or even early 20th century. It could
have been from one of the early shops in the Boston area at the time your great grandmother
emigrated here.

What indicates this is because of the floating-top construction using the metal clips held in place by screws. This method rules out the table dating back to the 18th century.
Much of the present day construction is done they same way, allowing for expansion due to
climatic changes.

My end feeling is the table is American, late 19th to early 20th century and valued at $650 to $800.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.